If you are interested, please contact Butch Fealy (firstname.lastname@example.org) Director of Coaching. Steps to become a coach:
Prior to first practice:
1) Obtain a USA Hockey CEP #: https://www.usahockeyregistration.com. Cost is $46.00
2) Sign-up for and attend a CEP Clinic at www.usahockey.com. Cost =$40. See below for dates.
3) Take an online age specific module for the age group you wish to coach. Cost is $10 each.
4) Complete SafeSport training: www.usahockey.com/safesporttraining. Safesport is free of charge.
5) Complete IAHA Cleared Background Check: https://idahoamateurhockeyassociation.sportngin.com/register/form/252574094
USA Hockey registration must be completed each year. Coaches may only practice with teams for which they have completed the appropriate age specific module for. SafeSport and Background Checks are valid for 2 years.
Level 1: Moscow Oct 22
Coeur d'Alene Dec 16
Level 2 & 3: Missoula October 29
Level 2: Idaho Falls Oct 15 - focus on goalie coaching
This is a special coaching clinic that will provide additional training for coaching goalies. Players are welcome to attend to work on goalie skills. Level 3 or 4 certified coaches can attend at no charge. IAHA is offering a $150 grant for coaches who attend this clinic. Please contact PYHA Director of Coaching, Butch Fealy if you would like to apply for a grant.
Register for clinics at www.usahockey.com/coachingclinics.
Thank you for volunteering your time as a PYHA coach. We appreciate all that you do to help kids learn to love
PYHA is a non-profit hockey program, servicing the Palouse for more than ten years. We are a member of Idaho
Amateur Hockey Association and USA Hockey. Instructional Hockey and House Leagues are offered to boys and
girls of preschool through age 18. The coaches, managers, and board of directors consist of dedicated volunteers
whose goal is to inspire kids to learn and love the sport of ice hockey.